Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My First Steps

When I first awoke, my eye's gaze was first attracted to the logo of a beautiful Red Lion, the simple detail and genius of the design was a sight for sore eyes. My head turned to a brown haired woman, and I was in the arms of a red haired man, my eyes shut tight for I was too young and too new to keep them open.
That was not my first step, but it was my first memory.

My first step, was when I was 3 years old, it was dark out, and the only thing I could see was a big blue and green and white ball surrounded by white lights, I had a small rubber outfit on that covered my whole body, and a 2 layered plexi-glass dome around my head, my dad set me down while he did his work on the shuttle.
I saw an interesting rock that caught my eye, it was crystal like, but it was 5ft away, I got up on my small feet, I shook a little, trembling in nervousness, I lifted one foot out, and just as I usually saw my parents do, I stepped forward, and I took six more steps when I was at the rock, it didn't take much strength to lift it at my age, due to the gravity being less thick as Earth's. My dad looked from his work to check on me, and to his surprise, I was 6ft away standing on two legs holding a probably 2lb rock, the shock on his face was unforgettable.

4 years had passed, my parents still hadn't thought of a name for me, I was 7 by then. It was my birthday, and my dad had thousands of wonderful gadgets that he had made me, he showed me how they all worked and how to use them and what to use them for. After eating dry brownies that my mom had made, my parents told me to sit on the couch. My mother said to me "over the years, we have noticed that you have had an endless attraction to the Red Lion logo on our space shuttle. So your father and I have come up with the best birthday gift you could ever get" my dad interrupted "Son, we have a name for you now." My eyes grew wide in suspense, curious and anxious to hear what my name was going to be. Then my mom said "what do you think of Lion Eyes?" I replied "I love it! Thanks mom!" and that was my name from then on.

4 more years went by, I was 12 now, I looked up as a huge space craft prepared for landing, its gears came down, steam left its jet engines, I looked up to my mom and said "Who is in there?" my mom replied "our new neighbors"...

No comments:

Post a Comment